After four trips to Disney World, we have decided that we would like to visit Disneyland Paris as well. I am keen not to compare the two and they are both very different. As a first time visitor, I have been asking my fellow bloggers for some Disneyland Paris tips to make sure we get the most of our short stay later in the year.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase via our links, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you*
Disneyland Paris Food and Drink
- It’s a good idea to book popular restaurants such as breakfast with Mickey before you travel. Otherwise you will probably struggle to get a table when you have arrived. – Tip from Lucy at Momma Mack
Restaurants at Disneyland Paris can be booked 60 days in advance
- Take snacks with you for during the day which helps to save money and keep the kids entertained whilst in the queues for the rides etc. Taking water bottles which can be filled up at various stations around the park will also help save money. – Tip from Amy at All About Mummy
- Eating at random times can glean almost empty restaurants by eating lunch and dinner early. – Tip from Beth at Twinderelmo
- Decide if a meal plan is worth the cost for your family. You can often book packages to include meal plans at various time of the year. It’s worth working out the cost of a counter service meal such as burger and fries, and comparing it to the cost of a meal plan.
Planning Tips For A Disneyland Paris Holiday
- If you’re staying in a Disney hotel, then make the most of the extra magic hours in the mornings. The park is quieter which means you can get on more rides before the queues start to build. You can get those all important castle photos as well. – Tip from Sarah at Boo Roo And Tigger Too
Extra magic hours are generally one hour before the park opens
- Work out which popular rides offer a Fastpass ticket and be near that attraction as the park opens to collect your Fastpass return time.
- Plan your days before you visit. You may think you can wing it, but if you want to do certain things such as character meet and greets, or specific rides and shows, then you have to have a plan. – Tip from Cath at Passports and Adventures
Planning is part of the fun for me for a Disney trip, and I love planning our Disney World holidays, and have already started thinking about planning our Disneyland Paris trip.
- Plan your outfits to pair with the characters you will be meeting. There is some great interaction from characters when doing this. – Tip from Jen at My Mummy’s Pennies
Pairing outfits to Disney characters is often known as Disney bounding
- Plan meals around the parade and fireworks to ensure you don’t miss them. It can take up to 30 minutes to get seated even with a reservation. – Tip from Jade at Mummies Waiting
- Download the virtual queuing app before you go and use to save time in the parks. – Tip from Matt at Matt Meir
Read more about Lineberty, the app for managing queues at Disneyland Park
- Download the Disneyland Paris app to help you save time in the parks. – Tip from Veronica at My Parenting Journey
The Disneyland Paris app will show you the current wait times for the rides and attractions. It will also save you having to check with the paper maps when in the park.
- If you’re wanting to meet characters and are staying in a Disney hotel, make sure you check out which Disney character is meeting in your hotel each day. You can save time on queues in the parks.
Money Saving Tips For Disneyland Paris
- Making your own autograph books using a notebook and stickers saves loads of money compared to buying one in the park, and also is a great fun activity. – Tip from Angela at The Inspiration Edit
- Purchase Disney ears and dress up costumes before you go. – Tip from Lucy at Oreos and Gin
- Buy the kids their Disney themed gifts before you go in the discount shops to save money in the gift shops in the parks. – Tip from Luschka at Diary Of A First Child
VEYLIN 3 Pack Mickey Minnie Mouse Ear Headband for Kids Adults Birthday Party Bag Favors
Mickey and Minnie ears tripple pack
New Disney Princess Characters Set of 700 Stickers 9 Sheets
stickers to decorate autograph books