There are plenty of places to enjoy afternoon tea in Dorset from enjoying afternoon tea with champagne, to gin themed afternoon tea. You can even enjoy themed afternoon tea with a difference.
There’s something special about going out for afternoon tea isn’t there. The chance to escape the real world for a couple of hours and enjoy some simple food and drink that always tastes better when someone else has prepared it for you.
Afternoon tea was introduced in England in 1840 by the Seventh Duchess of Bedford. The evening meal was traditionally served around 8pm, and she was hungry by 4pm, so the concept of afternoon tea was born.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase via our links, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you*
Traditional Afternoon Tea In Dorset
Dorset is home to some stunning locations and beaches, and there are some lovely locations to be found to enjoy a traditional afternoon tea.
Moonfleet Manor, Weymouth
- Overlooking Chesil beach
- Situated in a 2AA rosette Manor
The Blue Pool, Wareham
- Enjoy stunning views of the blue pool
- traditional cream teas with freshly baked scones
You may also like to read – A visit to The Blue Pool at Wareham
Queens Hotel, Bournemouth
- Served daily between 1pm – 5pm
- Advanced booking required
Champagne Afternoon Tea in Dorset
If you like the idea of enjoying something sparkling with your afternoon tea, then there are plenty of options available in Dorset to choose from.
Cafe Rouge, Bournemouth
- Traditional Afternoon tea and a glass of Prosecco each
- Available every day between 12pm – 5.30pm
Green House Hotel, Bournemouth
- Luxury afternoon tea for two
- Monday to Friday availability
- Served between 2-5pm
The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel, Bournemouth
- Sandwiches, cakes and scones
- Includes glass of Prosecco
Themed Afternoon Tea In Dorset
If you would like to enjoy afternoon tea with a difference, then a themed afternoon tea may be right up your street.
Afternoon Tea Cruise aboard the Dorset Queen
- Available every Wednesday in June, July and August
- Departing from Poole Quay
- Cruise time is between 1.30pm-3pm
- Minimum age 18 years
Segway Tour of Upton House and Afternoon Tea
- A one hour Segway tour of Upton Country Park Estate
- Includes equipment and professional Segway tuition
- Unlimited time to enjoy afternoon tea
Cocktail Afternoon Tea at Revolution Bars
- Includes sandwiches, scones and brownies
- Available between 12pm – 4pm daily
- Includes a cocktail each
Cheese Lovers Afternoon Tea, Cafe Rouge, Bournemouth
- cheese themed including baked camembert
- Includes a glass of wine
- Available between 12pm – 5.30pm