Turning 40 is a big occasion, one that many like to celebrate. I celebrated my 40th birthday last year and managed to make my 40th birthday celebrations last almost 6 months in the end. When my daughter turned 18, we gave her 18 presents to celebrate her 18th birthday, and that gave me the idea for 40 presents for a 40th birthday.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase via our links, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you*
40th birthday gifts demands something special a little like when you turn 18. It’s always been known as the mid point in life, although I hope I haven’t reached mine yet. I think the beauty of turning 40 and having to think of 40th gift ideas to receive and gift others is easier than other milestones.
As we approach the age of 40, we are so much wiser than we were in our twenties and thirties. I know turning 40 has brought some wisdom and a little bit more patience to my life. I know a lot more about who I am, and that in turn helps when people asked me what I wanted for my 40th birthday.
When we don’t want to receive “stuff” for our birthday, I always love to receive gift experiences. There are so many choices that I would love to receive as 40th birthday gifts such as:-
- Spa Day voucher – I really enjoy going on spa days, and receiving one as a gift is even better.
- Supercar driving day – What an experience this would be.
- Afternoon Tea – I love going for afternoon tea.
- Cocktail Making Class – I love drinking cocktails, and would love to learn how to make some.
- Dinner in a restaurant – Who doesn’t love a meal out.
- Hotel Break – One to save for a later date perhaps but a lovely gift idea.
- Family Photoshoot – What a way to remember your 40th birthday.
- Adopt a Pet
- 40th Birthday Glass
- Year of Birth Mug
- Photo Collage
- Phone / Table case
- Newspaper from day of birth
- Candles – I love candles
- stationery – There is something about new stationery that makes me happy
- Cosy Blanket
- Books – I can’t resist new books.
- Flowers – who doesn’t love receiving flowers on their birthday
- new pyjamas
- Family tree
- Year of birth t-shirt
- sweet hamper
- 40th birthday survival kit
- Kindle for reading some new books on
- Personalised bottle of Prosecco
- subscription box for favourite tipple
There is something about turning 40 that makes you think about fitness and achieving challenges you may have never achieved before. I have attempted the Moon Walk and a Jurassic Coast Mighty Hike in the last few years.
- Sports Gear
- New trainers
- Music subscription for motivation
Health and Beauty
- Face Creams
- Favourite body lotions
- Bath bombs
- inflatable zimmer frame
- magnifying glass
- Elderly driver car sign
- headache tablets for the morning after
What 40th birthday gifts would you like to receive?