Having been lucky enough to go to Disney World this year, I was doing my Summer wardrobe shopping in March when not a lot of the Summer season was out in the shops. Whilst I managed to buy plenty of shorts and *ahem* Disney inspired t-shirts to wear around the parks, I realised that my standard UK Summer wardrobe items were lacking slightly when the warmer weather finally reached us here.
I have always got plenty of sandals in my wardrobe so I never need to buy any more footwear, but I do struggle with nice tops and cool bottoms. As we never have a very long period of the Summer when I want to wear lovely Summer items I try to buy a capsule Summer wardrobe that will see me though and save a little bit of money.
I am generally a cold person, the sun could be shining and everyone around me is in t-shirts and I’ll be wearing a cardigan. I’ve come to accept that that’s just me and I always want to be comfortable.
Browsing the Joules sale I picked out a selection of items that would fit into what I would want in a capsule wardrobe for the warmer weather.
- Lilias Woven Top – I love the print on this (and most of Joules items of clothing to be fair). It’s nice a bright for the Summer weather that could be worn with jeans during the day or in an evening.
- Iris Jersey woven mix top – Another nice light top that would work well with jeans or trousers.
- Floral Laura Dress – There is always an occasion to wear a dress, other it’s a wedding or a party, I will always have at least one go to dress in the wardrobe for when the occasion arises.
- Brigitte Straight Leg Jeans – I will openly admit that I wear jeans almost every day no matter what the weather. If the weather is extremely hot then the shorts of 3/4 length trousers or jeans may come out, but I know I am a jeans girl at heart so they always feature in my wardrobe choices.
- When the weather is really warm a lighter pair of trousers are a good option such as the Sutton Jersey Trousers. Paired with sandals or flip flops these would be a good choice for the Summer.
I am enjoying our warm weather and really hope it carries on for a bit longer. What are your Summer wardrobe choices?
Disclosure – item choices brought to you via Lovesales