As raspberries are in season now, they are being harvested from my Mum’s raspberry bush quicker than anyone can eat them. Sometimes I really crave something sweet but would like to stay a little healthier than eating chocolate or ice cream, so I decided that making raspberry sorbet would be a good idea.
- 450g raspberries (would you believe it I had exactly the correct amount)
- 175g sugar
- 250ml water
- mix the sugar in with the water and simmer gently until the sugar dissolves and the water turns slightly to syrup
- Leave to cool
- Push the raspberries through a sieve into a shallow dish. It’s surprising how much juice comes out of those little berries.
- Pour the cooled liquid through the sieve over the raspberries and mix
- Place in the freezer for two hours
- Remove and break the crystals.
- Freeze for another two hours
- Repeat the above process until there are no more crystals.
A lovely sweet summery treat.