Every single month, I say I am going to make a better attempt at meal planning and stopping wasting so much money on food. I am ashamed to admit just how much food I throw away on a weekly basis.
As it’s Monday, and as it’s Payday tomorrow, what better time to start a new challenge for the blog! Spend Less – Save More. I aim to set myself some challenges each week to both spend less and save more in many areas of our home life.
I’m starting this week with meal planning as it’s an area that really needs addressing in our house. We have settled into a bad routine of convenience food, eating out when “there’s nothing in the cupboards” – More like nothing I want to eat, or I can’t be bothered to cook. There is plenty of stock pile ingredients already in my cupboards,
I’m not sure which night we’ll have which meal, but this is our weeks menu.
- Cashew Nut chicken with rice
- Pork noodle stir fry with green veg
- Parmesan chicken made from scratch served with either sweet potato wedges or carrot chips
- Veggie burgers made from scratch. I’m going to see if the family notice these without telling them what they are.
- Roast beef (we have half a joint left in the freezer)
- Mince pasta bake
Some new lunches I have also included in my shopping list as I get very bored of sandwiches are
- Coronation chicken salad / sandwich filler
- Sweet potato and lentil soup
I’m linking this post up to this weeks Meal Planning Monday. If you have any budget recipes you would like to share, I would love to read them, and will link up accordingly.