I love cooking, and I love cooking that doesn’t create a lot of washing up at the same time. A meal in one pan that takes approx 30 minutes from preparation to plate is perfect for busy evenings when time is precious.
- duck breast
- new potatoes
- savoy cabbage
- balsamic vinegar
- garlic clove
- score the skin on the duck breast and cover with ground peppercorns. Cook skin side down in a hot pan for ten minutes.
- Add sliced new potatoes to the pan and cook with the oil from the duck breast.
- After about five minutes, add garlic and turn potatoes to cook on opposite side.
- Turn duck breast over to finish cooking the other side.
- Once potatoes are soft and cooked through, add shredded savoy cabbage to the pan and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve
The beauty of this dish is that it can be made for one without a lot of hassle. I enjoyed this meal whilst the rest of the family were eating elsewhere, but it would be just as easy to cook for a family by increasing the quantities.
The ingredients used in this recipe are all Red Tractor assured which means the produce has been independently tested along all stages of production including hygiene, animal welfare and the environment.
We received a generous hamper of Red Tractor produce to experiment with a variety of recipes. Look out for more meal ides featuring the tractor on the blog over the next few weeks.