This is Oh My Blog! A brand new monthly interview series featuring a whole host of fellow bloggers. Each month, we’ll be bringing you different themed posts showcasing the very best bloggers out there. This month, the questions are based on the fitting February topic of love!
1. Tell us about yourself and your blog.
Hi my name is Jade I’m 26. I live in Yorkshire but I’m originally from Berkshire. I have been blogging for a few years but now I’m starting to put more into it. The blog is lifestyle and parenting based so contains a bit of everything my boyfriend also writes a post every now and then.
When I’m not blogging I spend my time reading and binge watching various box sets I’ve just finished Band Of Brothers (took me a week). I work full time as a valium for mental health support worker which I may not be able to return back to once my maternity leave has come to an end. I’m also in the process of writing a book.
2. What is your current relationship status?
I’m in a relationship and have been with my boyfriend for 5 years. You would think he put a ring on it but I’m still waiting.
3. Do you ever celebrate Valentine’s’ Day?
We exchange gifts and I normally cook us something for dinner.
4. It’s your first date! Where do you go?
If I planned our first date I’d like to have gone bowling and then grabbed something to eat. Bowling is fun but also not too serious so for me it’s a great way to get to know someone and have a good time. For food it would have to be a Chinese.
5. What’s the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
My boyfriend isn’t majorly romantic, he forgets things. He did take me away for a weekend to Bridlington he took me for a meal which was nice but we had to be back in time for rugby.
6. What is your favourite romantic film? Cheesier the better.
I’m more of a horror film kind of girl and can’t actually think of any romance films that I’ve watched. I think the closest I’ve come is Disney Princess films.
7. Spill the beans! Who’s your celebrity crush?
This is tricky as there are a few good looking celebs. Tom Hardy seems to much of an obvious choice so I’m going to go with Jared Padelecki. If you don’t know who he is then where have you been?! Look up Gilmore Girls and Supernatural.
8. Flowers are pretty popular at this time of year. Do you like receiving them or do they really not float your boat?
I love flowers Lillies are my favourite. I love any flower though they really brighten up the house and smell amazing.
9. Do you have children? Do you want any (or any more)?
I have two children Jared-David who is 4 and Eryn-Rose who is 5 months old. I would love more but due to complications we have decided to not have anymore.
10. What would be (or was) your choice of song for your first dance at your wedding?
I’ve not given this much thought but I know what I don’t want. No soppy love song I want one that actually means something to both of us.
11. Do you have any plans yet for Valentine’s Day 2017?
I have been looking at a weekend away without the kids. It’s looking unlikely so maybe we will go out for dinner and watch a film at home, unless he surprises me (a girl can hope).
12. Raw oysters are pretty famous for being an aphrodisiac. Have you ever tried them?
I’m allergic to seafood so have never tried these.
13. Imagining money’s no object, where would you go for a romantic getaway?
Germany. I lived there for a few years and I really miss the beauty of the place, I would love to share this with my boyfriend whilst eating Currywurst and drinking steins.
14. What’s the best Valentine’s gift you’ve ever received?
This doesn’t paint a good picture of boyfriend because I can’t actually think of anything other than chocolate or flowers. Maybe he got me a bracelet one time but I couldn’t be 100 per cent on that.
15. Finally, what is the number one most important thing you value in a relationship.
Support. If we didn’t support each other there would be nothing. We have had such a tough time since we started seeing each other from being homeless to spending days in hospital watching our son fight for his life. Trust is normally a popular one but trust spreads over so many different subjects.
If you want to find out more about Jade, head on over to her blog and follow her on social media!